Monday, February 28, 2011

I don't deal well with Tornado weather!

You are probably thinking, "c'mon, you were in the Marine Corps, you're tough stuff!" Ha! Well, when it comes to tornadoes, I don't do so well. This fear arrived with the numerous tornado drills growing up, and being stuffed into our bath tub with a mattress over our heads.

I will always remember jumping off of the school bus as funnel cloud loomed over my house. The wind was so strong, blowing random objects, and my step-mother screaming at me to run inside the house. I remember fully sprinting with all of my might to the dreaded bath tub.

If you never been through a tornado watch before, it will send prickles up your spine when you hear that one has touched down close to home. Looking outside, the air looks grey/green, and the clouds look like they could reach out and bite you. The clouds scare me the most. They rumble, dip, and are extremely active. To see a funnel cloud is even more scary, because you don't know if it is going to touch down.

There is always an eerie calm before the storm. The pressure in the air dips, and then all hell breaks loose. It could include golf ball sized hail, and extreme winds.

Luckily, I am not in Texas anymore, and while I am under this current tornado watch, I can hunker in my finished basement with my girls, and watch some t.v before we lose electricity.

Oh, and I ordered Pizza Hut. Gotta have pizza.

Have you gone through tornado weather?

 


2 Amazing thoughts:

Anonymous Monday, February 28, 2011  

Omgsh, I live in Tennessee and we are actually have SUPER bad weather right now, my county was under a Tornado Warning for about 45 minutes earlier this afternoon, Garsh!! I've never seen one "touch down" but I don't want to!

Semper Wifey Wednesday, March 02, 2011  

Yikes! No real tornadoes, but I grew up in a place where there were always sirens for them.

Cute blog! I'm looking forward to following it! :)