Tuesday, June 28, 2011

To call home..

I'll be honest, I've moved so much with the Marine Corps, that I never really "settled in" to a house. I see my neighbors make their homes look like pages out of Martha Stewart, and Better Homes in Gardens; however, I still have items lingering in cardboard boxes. I've been here for two years. I don't have many pictures on the walls, but at least the walls are painted. I can give myself a pat on the back for that, right? I mean, we even own the house we live in. However, I still look at it as a temporary home waiting for the orders to be cut to send us to somewhere new. I feel like I am in this in-between place, and my husband informs me that he plans to extend at this lovely duty station. I say that sarcastically, by the way.

No, it is not worse than Twenty-nine Palms - although I kinda miss the solitude I felt there - it is the fact I am a born gypsy spirit like my mother. I have the travel bug, and my body feels programmed to move from place to place. Maybe I was a nomad in a previous life, I don't know. Maybe I get excited to see a new place, and see new faces... All I know is that I've been feeling pretty dang anxious lately.
The hubby discusses possibly moving to a higher billet in his MOS, but with it means we are here longer. I should be grateful, and relieved, but I don't know what to think. Does this mean that I can finally make my home an actual home, and finally allow my wall down, and finally be comfortable?

Does anyone else feel the same way I do? Or am I just going nuts? lol

2 Amazing thoughts:

Rox Tuesday, June 28, 2011  

I can't say much about moving from place to place, I've only moved out of my hometown once, for 6 months. (Although I do love to get out of town for the weekend and can pack up on a moment's notice like I'm sure you can too!)
But when it comes to making your house a home- just do it! It'll feel good and be worth the work of hanging curtains and picture frames. I know it's easier said than done, but live in the moment today, where you are now.

Whether you plan to stay or go, there a lot of days between now and then. So I say enjoy those days in a cute house!

Anonymous Wednesday, June 29, 2011  

I think it has to do with us milspouses wanting to see as much as we possibly can before this crazy life is over. Once retirement rolls around for our guys, there will be no more moving. No more adventures at a new base. It's exciting to move on to the next chapter not knowing what we'll find.