Monday, June 13, 2011

Milking a sunburn-- literally.

Today, I went to an amusement park, and got my first sunburn for the summer-- right dab on my chest and neck. When I went home and saw myself in the mirror, I was like, "crap! I look like a freaking tomato!"

The summer after my 6th grade year, I had a best friend that was from Jordan. Her and her mother had came temporarily for a year, and I was adjusting to their Middle Eastern ways. Her name was Sandra, and we had something in common-- lack of friends. So, during that year, we had banded together and formed a strong friendship. She was quite bossy, her nose in the air, and wore strange European clothing. {Mind you, I was 12 at the time.} During that summer, my dad let me stay with her, and I remember getting this horrible sunburn. Sandra didn't burn, because, well.. she was dark, lol. So, I came into the house, and her mother immediately grabs a jug of milk, and applies a milky compress all over my sunburnt areas. I looked at her like she was crazy-- the same woman that insisted eating pizza and a hamburger with a knife-- why was she applying milk on me? It was instant relief. Omg, it cooled it right down!

So here it is, 14 years later, a day like this, and I am applying a milky towel across my chest and neck.
If you ever get a sunburn, go ahead and try it!

If you haven't entered in my Scentastic giveaway, click HERE  to find out how! :)


3 Amazing thoughts:

KristinFilut Monday, June 13, 2011  

Wow! I wish I would have known that trick last week when my son decided to not use sunscreen and got crispified at the amusement park!

Heather Tuesday, June 14, 2011  

Oh my gosh, I would've never thought of that! I will definitely try it next time. Thanks for the suggestion!

Kaylee Tuesday, June 14, 2011  

Ha, I would have thought her crazy too but I am so going to try this next sunburn I get. haha.