Thursday, January 20, 2011

{According to Miss K} When I grow up, my name is going to be Emily...

{Life According to Miss K}

My Story: When I was little, my dad and I were at our local laundry-mat, and I would be his special laundry helper. We would have alias that we would go by - just another one of my crazy imaginations gone wild - he was "George", and I was "Ashley". One day at the laundry-mat, my dad told me it was time to go. I looked at him like he was crazy, and I said, "I am not Holly, I'm Ashley." Mind you, there were a ton of people around gawking at my father. It made him uneasy, and I just gave a chuckle. (I was probably around four or five at this time.)

This evening, Miss K {3 years old, people!} had came up with an alias. Actually, she had been mentioning it for awhile, but I didn't pay attention to it until this evening. Miss K goes, "When I grow up, I am going to change my name to Emily, and I am going to be a doctor." Where in the world did my child even hear about the name, Emily? We don't know any Emilys'!  So, I remember fondly about my days where I would have my alias in my pocket, and have a good time playing, "Ashley and George". Is Miss K my "Emily"? I told her that when she has a daughter of her own, that she can name her Emily, but her name will always be K...
By the way, "Ashley" is Miss K's middle name. :)