I was due to arrive on Christmas day, but my mother thought she was doing me a favor by inducing me early. She wanted me to have my own special day; however, being so close to Christmas, I told her it wouldn't have mattered. I am not the only one stuck in this Christmas birthday conumdrum, there are many like me that feel overlooked.
I didn't grow up with birthday parties by the poolside, and I didn't have friends to celebrate my day, either. I just remember my dad bringing me to Toys r us to pick out a toy, and a dinner at my favorite restaurant. The years have passed since I've been a child, and I still have the same issues. This year, I am trying to plan a dinner at Dave and Buster's with friends, and the timing is awful. (Not my fault, really.) Too many Christmas parties, families in town, hustling and bustling for the last minute gifts.
I honestly don't remember the last time my own dad got me a birthday gift! I kid you not. I know I sound bratty for ranting, (the cliche- It's the holidays!)
My top TEN on "Why I LOATHE Christmas Birthdays"
1. The birthday/Christmas present
2. Everyone is gone for Christmas, therefore no birthday party
3. The Christmas wrapping on your birthday present
4. Your siblings making their Christmas list around your birthday
5. It gets too dark too early
6. Your birthday present is missing with some other Christmas gifts that your parents had hidden
7. The birthday pie-- or my case as pictured above-- the Santa cake
8. Being named after the holidays a.k.a "Holly"
9. It's freaking cold outside!
10. Yesterday was your birthday? I completely forgot, because I was out shopping for Christmas.