Sunday, August 1, 2010

I am so proud of you! Keira on turning 3 today. :)



Happy Birthday My Sweet Little Girl!

Keira with her buddy Chase (born the same day)
 


It is hard to believe that my baby girl is now a rambunctious 3 year old! She is getting smarter and more sassy as each day goes by. Three years ago, I was in the Naval hospital at Twentynine Palms holding my little precious in absolute awe. I had her at 5:50 a.m. Daddy was in Iraq at the time, and he called just in time as I was pushing. All my friends, minus one- because she was in labor a few doors down.. was holding onto my legs and giving words of encouragement. The hubby was on the the cell phone on speaker-- cheering me on, as I rolled my eyes, lol. She finally came, and I was able to give her a quick hold, and then they whisked her off to get cleaned up. I immediately grabbed my phone to talk to Mr. B. "Do you still Love me?" He asked. I told him that I didn't like him about a couple of hours ago!

 Little did I know that this little spit-fire full of curly hair at 7 Ibs 14 oz at 20.6 in long would change our lives forever. Sure, they all tell you, but you don't really know until they are here. It wouldn't be for three more weeks before his deployment was officially over, and I was going to endure three long weeks of sleep deprivation. Luckily, with the support of my deployment friends, (now life-long friends) I managed to get through. I am convinced it takes a village to raise a child. At least to keep our sanity, lol.




Today, is her day...and I can't wait to see her grow up! (just do it slowly.)

Click on the song below.. beautiful song for all mommies and little ones. :D

Music Codes