Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Thai Pumpkin Soup

For some crazy reason, I completely indulge in the fall foods. I tend to gain that unwanted 10 pounds. {ahem, like I did last fall..} So, I am on a Weight Watcher recipe quest to keep my cravings in check. I know I am allotted 29 plus points, so this should be easy. I also decided to devote 2 weeks straight to providing healthy cooked meals for my family. That means no eating out, Starbucks, nada. Trust me, a part of me wants to go to the Mc Donalds right up the road and play the Monopoly game.. so tempting. I should go walk around the block a few times just to rid myself of the thoughts of a 10 piece chicken nugget, large french fry, and a medium Power Aide. {Really Mc Donald's? I love how you pick and choose what game pieces come on what products, ha! You think you had us fooled..}

Okay, so now that I already made my soup today, I will delightfully share the recipe. 3/4 of a cup gives you 2 points, btw.

{Weight Watcher's Thai Pumpkin Soup}


Image from food.com



2 tablespoons red curry paste
1 (13.5-ounce) can light coconut milk
1 cup water
1 (15-ounce) can unsweetened pumpkin
2 tablespoons fish sauce
1/4 cup chopped cilantro (optional and highly recommended by me)
Lime wedges (optional and highly recommended)

1. Place curry paste in a medium saucepan. Add coconut milk, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Stir in 1 cup water and pumpkin; cook over medium heat 8 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat; stir in fish sauce.
2. Ladle soup into bowls. Top with chopped cilantro, and serve with lime wedges, if desired. Yield: 6 servings.

Fat: 3.4 grams Cal: 74

Enjoy! Be sure to check out my recipes every day for the next two weeks! :)






0 Amazing thoughts: