Monday, August 8, 2011

Back from the Stampede!!

What a week!! Monday, my daughter, Miss K turned 4 years old!! I can't believe it, she keeps getting smarter and bigger each a day.

Flying into my homestate of Texas!



Tuesday, I flew in Dallas/Fortworth, Tx to go to my very first Scentsy convention. I was so excited that I would be able to finally meet the girls on my team, and to see 10,000 other consultants that shared the same Scentsy Spirit with me-- it was truly a Stampede of women and men. I finally got to see my friend that is also on my team whom I had seen in seven years!! {We went through boot camp together, and we stayed in touch over the years, and when I began my Scentsy adventure, she decided to hop on board as well.} Then, my friend/sponsor went to Hobby Lobby and bought some flip flop and purple bling to show our Scentsy pride for the next day.

I finally had Whataburger, and I hadn't had that in a very l-o-n-g time. I love their hamburgers, so you should've seen me freak out when I saw one, and told my friend, Rachell to pull into the drive-through. Nom! Nom!!

Excitement sets in

That evening, the rest of our team showed up, and after all the giggles, we managed to fall asleep.



Wednesday.. Of course I am not exactly a morning person, but I woke up at 6:30 a.m. too excited about all the events for the day. I wanted to run around the room, and do a little dance. I felt like it was Christmas all over again. We had a kick-off group meeting with our Super Star Director, and that was amazing. We donated pj's to a battered women shelter for the little ones, donated money to the food bank, and donated school supplies to the local area. Scentsy believes in giving more than you receive.. With each donation, you received a ticket for a raffle. During the first game, I managed to win a $25 gift card, and I won a raffle and received a $100 American Express gift card... I was on high heaven!




The rest of the morning, we were checking in with registration, pinching ourselves that we actually made it to convention-- something that we talked about on our Facebook group's months...and it was finally here!

The Night at the Stockyards

In Fort Worth, they have the Stockyards-- the epitome of old western Texas cowboy. I loved it! Of course, I am a bit biased. ;) Scentsy had a special concert featuring Gloriana and Clint Black. It was a bit hot out, and we managed to find ourselves in a cool bar with a glass of beer. Prior to that, we got to sit on our very first live longhorn--which was pretty cool!

The evening was pretty great, couple bars with the girls--and a drive-thru to the local Jack in the Box. Why can't they have that in Virginia?

Day One of Sessions

Thursday..Seeing 10,000 consultants that share the same goal, is pretty amazing. Coming from all over the world, to meet in one single place-- and share the Scentsy spirit. We had inspirational guest speaker, Connie Podesta!! Hilarious woman-- teaches us what personality we are by the shape we had chosen. I believe I am squiggle; however, my director thinks I am a square, lol.

Followed by Connie, was Orville and Heidi-- the President and CEO of Scentsy. They are the most down to earth people, I've ever met. They truly want to make a difference in the world, with the power of one individual can impact many. The introduced the new fall/winter product line, which I am very excited to show everyone soon!

We broke for chow a couple of hours of later, and that was when I realized that "stampede" was another metaphor to what we were-- a herd of people trying to exit for lunch, lol.

More product reveals and exciting information soon followed, and two boxes full of amazing freebies from the new fall/winter season.

Day Two of Sessions

Friday, was a bittersweet day. It was our last day of convention, and I am sure my days were blending in by now. We had two more inspirational guest speakers, John C. Maxwell, on how to be a effective leader, and Shawn Achor on the happiness advantage. Learning to be happy will make you more successful and impact those around you.

Goodness, I could go on and on about how convention changed my whole outlook on life, and seriously it did. I realized that it is more than just a product, and something much bigger-- Simplicity~Authenticity~Generosity


We found out at convention, that we have the opportunity to earn a trip to the Dominican Republic for next summer, and next year's convention will be held in Las Vegas!! Now, who wants to join my team, and come with me to these great places, and meet the most amazing people that share the same dreams you have? Check out my personal Scentsy website at: https://hollybyrne.scentsy.us for more information about this wonderful opportunity. :)


Here are some moments from convention:














2 Amazing thoughts:

Anonymous Monday, August 08, 2011  

I love scentsy! That looks like an amazing time.

Anonymous Monday, August 08, 2011  

I love SCENTSY! Its amazing and it looks like you had a wonderful time :)