Saturday, June 9, 2012

I have a new job!

Well, I still sell Scentsy; however, I have a new position at a really nice organization as their office manager. It is extremely high paced, but very doable. Maybe I am just really calm under this form of pressure. Did I mention that I haven't worked for this level of work since I was in the Marine Corps? That was 6 years ago. Amazingly, my administration skills is like riding a bicycle, whew. My staff is great, and I really like the founder/president. She is amazing, and very inspirational.

Other than that, I need to squeeze more running into my insane schedule. I work full-time now, and with the hubby and the girls, I am busy with them when I get home. I am supposed to be training for my Ragnar race, and I need to get my schedule up to par starting next week. I thought about grabbing my Pinterest ideas, and creating more freezer meals. I just ran out, and they are great when you're busy, busy, busy. I thaw one out the day prior, and the morning of, I pop it in the crockpot. That way, dinner is done when I get home, and I can stuff my face, and go run.

In other news, my husband also finished up with his command last week, and Monday started at a new one down the road. I believe he misses his old office, but I am sure he'll adjust to this one soon, (like he has a choice, lol).

I feel really blessed right now. I never envisioned that my life would turn out the way it did. There are days when I feel swamped with the girls, and I can't breathe. Then, there are days, (like today) where I feel like everything has fallen into place. One of my blogger friends graduated Marine Corps boot camp last Friday, and I am so proud of her! Seeing all of her pics, reminds me of my experiences like it was yesterday. I freaking miss the Marine Corps, and I miss wearing the uniform. I miss my friends that I made, and I would do it all over again in a heart-beat. My life has gotten so busy, that I neglect a package to come back in, and I keep getting older. Luckily, I am older, because I've realized at my current job, the magnitude of the position I hold. I didn't understand that when I was a twenty-year-old Marine at an executive level command. It is what it is.

1 Amazing thoughts:

Anonymous Saturday, June 09, 2012  

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP HOLLY. Really without your help I would be a lost child. I can't wait to guest post for you. Thanks for the shout out!